Three Houses

the unofficial forum for British punk rock band SHARKS (2007-13) & its successors (THE VIOLENT HEARTS, 2014- & THEIR LONELY BETTERS, 2014-)
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» new The Violent Hearts line-up and gig, The Sunflower Lounge, Birmingham, 3/3/17
by museums Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:23 am

» The Computers
by museums Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:19 am

» new music from James Mattock: The Violent Hearts
by Fallen On Deaf Ears Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:00 am

» The Penalty EP - vinyl
by museums Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:07 pm

» Their Lonely Betters
by gloveinhand Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:23 pm

» Starting Out! Looking for Anything and Everything.
by museums Thu May 22, 2014 8:37 am

» The Penalty (lyrics)
by Admin Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:51 am

» Sharks t-shirt on cover of Jennifer Rostock's 'Schlaflos'
by museums Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:57 pm

» Sharks call it a day
by PJayBe Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:53 pm

» Looking to complete my collection...(HELP)
by orwellaintdead Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:29 pm

» looking for..
by orwellaintdead Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:47 pm

» Dream Setlist?
by orwellaintdead Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:07 pm


Share | 
 

 HEADLINE April/May 2013 UK Tour

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
orwellaintdead
It All Relates
It All Relates
avatar

Posts : 116
Join date : 2012-11-16

PostSubject: Re: HEADLINE April/May 2013 UK Tour   Fri May 10, 2013 3:15 pm

Trains wasn't originally planned, so if you discount that they played 5 off selfhood out of a 15 song set - which is quite a lot considering all the material they have to draw from. They even played love & fear, another new song, on top of that. so over a third new material. And most bands finish sets with old songs, don't think I've been to many gigs where bands have closed with new material.
And did you get the setlist for the instore?


Photo I got of the setlist:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagveer ///
It All Relates
It All Relates
avatar

Posts : 124
Join date : 2011-04-27
Location : London, England

PostSubject: Re: HEADLINE April/May 2013 UK Tour   Fri May 10, 2013 3:57 pm

orwellaintdead wrote:
Trains wasn't originally planned, so if you discount that they played 5 off selfhood out of a 15 song set - which is quite a lot considering all the material they have to draw from. They even played love & fear, another new song, on top of that. so over a third new material. And most bands finish sets with old songs, don't think I've been to many gigs where bands have closed with new material.
And did you get the setlist for the instore?

Fair points, I'd have liked maybe 7 or 8 from Selfhood though. Were you near the front at all? I may have seen you a couple times if so!

From the in-store, if my memory serves me right, they played: Selfhood, Joys of Living, I Won't Taint, Arcane Effigies, It All Relates, Patient Spider. I think, anyway scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
orwellaintdead
It All Relates
It All Relates
avatar

Posts : 116
Join date : 2012-11-16

PostSubject: Re: HEADLINE April/May 2013 UK Tour   Fri May 10, 2013 3:59 pm

Jagveer /// wrote:
orwellaintdead wrote:
Trains wasn't originally planned, so if you discount that they played 5 off selfhood out of a 15 song set - which is quite a lot considering all the material they have to draw from. They even played love & fear, another new song, on top of that. so over a third new material. And most bands finish sets with old songs, don't think I've been to many gigs where bands have closed with new material.
And did you get the setlist for the instore?

Fair points, I'd have liked maybe 7 or 8 from Selfhood though. Were you near the front at all? I may have seen you a couple times if so!

From the in-store, if my memory serves me right, they played: Selfhood, Joys of Living, I Won't Taint, Arcane Effigies, It All Relates, Patient Spider. I think, anyway scratch


Um, I was stood right at the front to the left. Were you in the mix? ha.
Ah great about remembering!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagveer ///
It All Relates
It All Relates
avatar

Posts : 124
Join date : 2011-04-27
Location : London, England

PostSubject: Re: HEADLINE April/May 2013 UK Tour   Fri May 10, 2013 4:04 pm

Haha yes, I was the only brown guy in the audience I think! Was at front and center for most of the show, occasionally jumping in and out of the big group Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
orwellaintdead
It All Relates
It All Relates
avatar

Posts : 116
Join date : 2012-11-16

PostSubject: Re: HEADLINE April/May 2013 UK Tour   Fri May 10, 2013 4:34 pm

Oh yes! I know, black original logo tee? That group was quite a rowdy bunch! ha. Think James and the guys enjoyed that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
orwellaintdead
It All Relates
It All Relates
avatar

Posts : 116
Join date : 2012-11-16

PostSubject: Re: HEADLINE April/May 2013 UK Tour   Sat May 11, 2013 9:53 am

Apparently pretty much same setlist london/nottingham,
https://twitter.com/Billy_Berry/status/333148510914490369
'cut a few short, went straight from sweet harness to it all relates!'

Did anyone go?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chappers_8
Trains
Trains
avatar

Posts : 21
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 32
Location : Bodmin, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: HEADLINE April/May 2013 UK Tour   Wed May 22, 2013 7:14 am

Drove up from Cornwall to catch Sharks in Exeter

Was a very disappointing turnout - had seen previous setlists and was looking forward to hearing 22 but that was cut from the show.

Would go far as saying I was the only one there that actually knew who they were barring support band members/friends.

James commented half way through that there were more people watching at the start than there were near the end to quote "too many fucking posers!"

Not sure they'd return to Exeter or anywhere this south westerly due to the shite turnout.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
orwellaintdead
It All Relates
It All Relates
avatar

Posts : 116
Join date : 2012-11-16

PostSubject: Re: HEADLINE April/May 2013 UK Tour   Wed May 22, 2013 8:13 am

That's quite disappointing :/ Weird as since The Computers are from Exeter they always have mental shows there. And I'd have thought similar people would be into Sharks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chappers_8
Trains
Trains
avatar

Posts : 21
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 32
Location : Bodmin, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: HEADLINE April/May 2013 UK Tour   Wed May 22, 2013 8:40 am

orwellaintdead wrote:
That's quite disappointing :/ Weird as since The Computers are from Exeter they always have mental shows there. And I'd have thought similar people would be into Sharks.

Yeah I got there nice and early expecting a decent turnout and there was about 10 people watching Skaters

I'd say no more than 20 people watched Sharks

Back to top Go down
View user profile
orwellaintdead
It All Relates
It All Relates
avatar

Posts : 116
Join date : 2012-11-16

PostSubject: Re: HEADLINE April/May 2013 UK Tour   Wed May 22, 2013 8:47 am

20!?!? Are you serious?! Neutral
I suppose London turnout was only around 60ish :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christophe
Trains
Trains


Posts : 97
Join date : 2012-01-14

PostSubject: Re: HEADLINE April/May 2013 UK Tour   Wed May 22, 2013 4:55 pm

There were no more than 25 people at the York gig as well. I couldn't believe how quiet it was. James never said a word until the end of the gig which was basically - 'Thanks for coming. We're Sharks. Goodnight'. I don't know if he was a bit pissed off at the low turn out but it must be demoralizing to be playing to an almost empty room for a band with such talent as Sharks.

Personally I think they need a better record label who will give them better promotion because unfortunately it just seems that not enough people are getting to hear this band and it's such a shame because they are phenomenal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: HEADLINE April/May 2013 UK Tour   

Back to top Go down
 
HEADLINE April/May 2013 UK Tour
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» George Clooney Aficionados News April 6, 2013
» George Clooney Aficionados News April 17, 2013
» George Clooney Aficionados News April 18, 2013
» Rome Premiere of OHF - April 5, 2013
» George Clooney Aficionados News April 7, 2013

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Three Houses :: Sharks :: Tour/Gigs-
Jump to: