Three Houses

the unofficial forum for British punk rock band SHARKS (2007-13) & its successors (THE VIOLENT HEARTS, 2014- & THEIR LONELY BETTERS, 2014-)
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» new The Violent Hearts line-up and gig, The Sunflower Lounge, Birmingham, 3/3/17
by museums Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:23 am

» The Computers
by museums Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:19 am

» new music from James Mattock: The Violent Hearts
by Fallen On Deaf Ears Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:00 am

» The Penalty EP - vinyl
by museums Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:07 pm

» Their Lonely Betters
by gloveinhand Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:23 pm

» Starting Out! Looking for Anything and Everything.
by museums Thu May 22, 2014 8:37 am

» The Penalty (lyrics)
by Admin Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:51 am

» Sharks t-shirt on cover of Jennifer Rostock's 'Schlaflos'
by museums Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:57 pm

» Sharks call it a day
by PJayBe Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:53 pm

» Looking to complete my collection...(HELP)
by orwellaintdead Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:29 pm

» looking for..
by orwellaintdead Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:47 pm

» Dream Setlist?
by orwellaintdead Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:07 pm


Share | 
 

 New album 'Selfhood' (general thread)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
orwellaintdead
It All Relates
It All Relates
avatar

Posts : 116
Join date : 2012-11-16

PostSubject: Re: New album 'Selfhood' (general thread)   Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:02 pm

I'm excited for the imminent banquet release show announcement
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagveer ///
It All Relates
It All Relates
avatar

Posts : 124
Join date : 2011-04-27
Location : London, England

PostSubject: Re: New album 'Selfhood' (general thread)   Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:30 pm

They're getting more and more colourful with their designs! It's quite cool to look at Smile

Think I'll definitely wait for a UK store to sell it, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
museums
It All Relates
It All Relates
avatar

Posts : 150
Join date : 2010-10-31

PostSubject: Re: New album 'Selfhood' (general thread)   Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:21 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
orwellaintdead
It All Relates
It All Relates
avatar

Posts : 116
Join date : 2012-11-16

PostSubject: Re: New album 'Selfhood' (general thread)   Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:22 am

museums wrote:
interesting to see what less die hard fans are saying on other boards


http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3072101

http://www.punknews.org/article/50852/sharks-announce-selfhood

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/86254-po-sharks-selfhood


A LOT of comments harking on about preferring their more 'raw'/'punky' sound before No Gods
Back to top Go down
View user profile
museums
It All Relates
It All Relates
avatar

Posts : 150
Join date : 2010-10-31

PostSubject: Re: New album 'Selfhood' (general thread)   Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:29 am

orwellaintdead wrote:
museums wrote:
interesting to see what less die hard fans are saying on other boards


http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3072101

http://www.punknews.org/article/50852/sharks-announce-selfhood

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/86254-po-sharks-selfhood


A LOT of comments harking on about preferring their more 'raw'/'punky' sound before No Gods

nothing wrong with that, but people shouldn't slate stuff because it's not what they like; people confuse quality with preference

there are enough bands out there to suite all tastes

Sharks, old and new, are my kind of stuff, so I'm content
Back to top Go down
View user profile
orwellaintdead
It All Relates
It All Relates
avatar

Posts : 116
Join date : 2012-11-16

PostSubject: Re: New album 'Selfhood' (general thread)   Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:32 am

museums wrote:
orwellaintdead wrote:
museums wrote:
interesting to see what less die hard fans are saying on other boards
http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3072101
http://www.punknews.org/article/50852/sharks-announce-selfhood
http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/86254-po-sharks-selfhood

A LOT of comments harking on about preferring their more 'raw'/'punky' sound before No Gods

nothing wrong with that, but people shouldn't slate stuff because it's not what they like; people confuse quality with preference
there are enough bands out there to suite all tastes
Sharks, old and new, are my kind of stuff, so I'm content

Yeah, I know people are all entitled to an opinion. The comments on youtube are even worse. People really do confuse quality with preference, and I also think sometimes quality with nostalgia (ie when you first discovered that band). And people don't like change, particularly with bands it seems.
Just really annoys me that people can't get over the fact bands get more melodic and change as time goes on. Do people really think the band want to be supporting bands like Pure Love et al forever?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
orwellaintdead
It All Relates
It All Relates
avatar

Posts : 116
Join date : 2012-11-16

PostSubject: Re: New album 'Selfhood' (general thread)   Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:36 am

did see this post though, which made me happy as i hadnt realised:
Quote :
There's 500 of the 7" and only 300 of the Starburst variant, and the only way to get each is in the $40 bundle. They'll have 200 extras. And with No Gods, the covers 7" that was exclusive to the bundle was eventually sold separately.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christophe
Trains
Trains


Posts : 97
Join date : 2012-01-14

PostSubject: Re: New album 'Selfhood' (general thread)   Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:12 pm

http://music.broadwayworld.com/article/SHARKS-Announce-New-Album-Selfhood-Due-Out-430-20130306

Don't think this interview has been posted yet. A little bit of info from James on Selfhood.

PS - I never knew he was engaged! Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
avatar

Posts : 126
Join date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: New album 'Selfhood' (general thread)   Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:52 am

Christophe wrote:
http://music.broadwayworld.com/article/SHARKS-Announce-New-Album-Selfhood-Due-Out-430-20130306

Don't think this interview has been posted yet. A little bit of info from James on Selfhood.

PS - I never knew he was engaged! Shocked

interesting info; thanks

as for James being engaged, well, now you know, which also gives me the opportunity for this general (ie. not directed at you) ...

... ADMIN note: only personal information revealed by the band in interviews, or otherwise publically available, can be posted on this board; but even publically revealed personal matters should only be discussed if they have a clear bearing on the band's work; this is not a gossip site - even bands have private lives
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sharks.userboard.net
orwellaintdead
It All Relates
It All Relates
avatar

Posts : 116
Join date : 2012-11-16

PostSubject: Re: New album 'Selfhood' (general thread)   Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:18 am

Admin wrote:
Christophe wrote:
http://music.broadwayworld.com/article/SHARKS-Announce-New-Album-Selfhood-Due-Out-430-20130306

Don't think this interview has been posted yet. A little bit of info from James on Selfhood.

PS - I never knew he was engaged! Shocked

interesting info; thanks

as for James being engaged, well, now you know, which also gives me the opportunity for this general (ie. not directed at you) ...

... ADMIN note: only personal information revealed by the band in interviews, or otherwise publically available, can be posted on this board; but even publically revealed personal matters should only be discussed if they have a clear bearing on the band's work; this is not a gossip site - even bands have private lives

surely finding love as significant as this is going to have an effect on the music? Lyrically at least?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christophe
Trains
Trains


Posts : 97
Join date : 2012-01-14

PostSubject: Re: New album 'Selfhood' (general thread)   Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:21 am

Ok I know it's not a 'gossip' site it was just a surprising fact that I took from the interview. Just thought it was interesting to know that's all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christophe
Trains
Trains


Posts : 97
Join date : 2012-01-14

PostSubject: Re: New album 'Selfhood' (general thread)   Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:47 pm

So it's three weeks until Selfhood yet I find it really surprising how little promotion there seems to be for this album. We haven't heard a great deal in terms of interviews or track previews or another new song which they hinted at a couple of times in the last two weeks on twitter. I swear they got a lot more support from radio leading up to No Gods as well. Zane Lowe played Arcane Effigies in early January 2012 and I don't think Portland has been played on his show yet. I think apart from the die hard fans Sharks aren't going to grow with this release as I simply don't think enough people will hear about them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
museums
It All Relates
It All Relates
avatar

Posts : 150
Join date : 2010-10-31

PostSubject: Re: New album 'Selfhood' (general thread)   Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:08 am

Christophe wrote:
So it's three weeks until Selfhood yet I find it really surprising how little promotion there seems to be for this album. We haven't heard a great deal in terms of interviews or track previews or another new song which they hinted at a couple of times in the last two weeks on twitter. I swear they got a lot more support from radio leading up to No Gods as well. Zane Lowe played Arcane Effigies in early January 2012 and I don't think Portland has been played on his show yet. I think apart from the die hard fans Sharks aren't going to grow with this release as I simply don't think enough people will hear about them.

my guess is that Rise's budget for this release is more limited

it will be interesting to see what the May issues of the major music magazines will bring by way of features, ads and cover CD tracks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagveer ///
It All Relates
It All Relates
avatar

Posts : 124
Join date : 2011-04-27
Location : London, England

PostSubject: Re: New album 'Selfhood' (general thread)   Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:00 pm

It's a bit of a shame if the budget thing is the case. Maybe the music will speak for itself upon release, who knows
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: New album 'Selfhood' (general thread)   

Back to top Go down
 
New album 'Selfhood' (general thread)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» The Stacy Keibler general thread - part four
» The Stacy Keibler general thread - part eight
» The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 10
» The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 11
» The Stacy Keibler general thread - part nine

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Three Houses :: Sharks :: General Discussion about Sharks-
Jump to: